Thursday, November 26, 2009

give thanks

mmm thanksgiving. turkey and stuffing and family and home. there is nothing better than thanksgiving and being away from home at school has made me realize that. this year has made me realize how much i actually am thankful for. really great friends, a strong family, and a roommate who, no matter how much we might hate each other sometimes, stands by me through anything. this year i was able to get out of a relationship that was just dragging me down and no longer made me happy and I'm more than thankful for that. there is actually so much to be thankful for. I'm thankful that I'm happy at school and that my life is actually heading in a direction. I'm thankful that i'm finally happy because so many people aren't and they are stuck in this life that makes them miserable. i have a family that i can come home to whenever i need anything at all and that i will always have a home with real food and a comfy bed to run to. too many people fly by with life and don't realize just ow much there is to be thankful for. even if it is the smallest little thing, everyone has something to be thankful for and i'm thankful that i can see this. thanksgiving is one of the most important days we have, because it gives everyone a chance to slow down, even if only for one day, and look at their life and realize how much they have to be thankful. so i want to thank the pilgrims and indians for giving us a chance to have this day among all the other 364 crazy days.

No comments:

Post a Comment